“Don’t be afraid to fall in love. It’s the only thing that matters in life. Fall in love with as many things as possible.”– Gwyneth Paltrow as Kelly Canter in Country Strong
Today, I encourage you to love falling in love! This might sound silly to you, and you are probably wondering if I’ve lost it, but just keep reading and you’ll see where I am going with this.
Have you ever been around someone who is so joyful and who has such a zest for life that every time you are around him/her, you feel incredibly encouraged and energized? I think the reason for their passion and energy is that they have discovered the deep yet simple truth of being content and thankful in every stage of life. They cultivate gratitude by learning to fall in love with the small things that God gives us that are often overlooked by the majority of people.
I believe that love is deeper than an emotion: love is an action! It is something you choose to do that can produce feelings of peace, joy, and happiness. Today, take a moment and begin to recognize the wonderful things you have around you. If you look closely, there is so much to love each day. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- The meaningful friendships you have.
- The special person you share your life with
- The world of opportunities and possibilities out there!
- They way your child happily runs into your bed every morning
- The fact you woke up this morning and are still alive
- The mercy and grace given to us by God. The Bible says that God’s mercies are new every morning.
- Sunny days
- Rainy days
- Beach days
- The ability given to us to overcome hardships
- Random acts of kindness
- The way you feel after a good workout
- The beauty in nature or in your city
This week, begin to love life and you will discover all the beautiful things it contains!
“So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
Have a joyful week 🙂
**Click HERE to download this 5″x 5″art print. Perfect for a square frame!