Last week, we talked about different Save-the-Date design ideas, and now we are going to give you some Save-the-Date wording ideas. Whether you want something traditional or casual, we’ve got you covered!First, let’s talk about what information you MUST include in your Save-the-Dates.
– Your and your fiance’s names (of course!)
– Your wedding date
– Your wedding location (just the city and state)
– A notation letting your guests know that a formal invitation will follow
Many brides are now starting to include some additional information on their Save-the-Date to better accommodate their guests. Here are the most common things that we have seen.
– Your wedding website
– Accommodations information. This is particularly important if you have a lot of guests coming from out of town, the website is not up and running, and when you want to make sure your guests have plenty of time to make traveling arrangements.
– Event Timeline. If it’s a destination wedding, you may want to give your guests a brief idea about the weekend events or activities that might occur.
What NOT to include in your Save-the-Date.
– Your venue name
– The ceremony or reception time
– Registry information
Now that you know what information is “must-have” on your Save-the-Dates, we have put together a few examples to show you how you can incorporate the details mentioned above into your Save-the-Date while adding a personal touch.
TRADITIONAL OR FORMAL
FUN & PLAYFUL
We hope this post makes wording your Save the Date easy and fun! Want more wording ideas? Let us know in the “comments” section or contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you!