Our week started with pouring rain, and I thought it would be a perfect time to share this quote with y’all.
We all know that everyone – regardless of whether they tell you or not – has circumstantial rainclouds in their lives, but you and I have the capacity to bring hope and love into their lives in a million ways. It takes so little to brighten someone else’s day, and yet for some reason, our human nature finds it easier to complain or be indifferent rather than to be positive and encouraging. Today, I want to challenge you to try to find a way to show special kindness to one person as you go about your daily activities. You never know what kind of impact you might have in that person’s life. Your encouragement might be the one thing that helps them make it through the day. And who knows? Your simple word or gesture might stay with them for a lifetime.
Here are some simple ways you can be a rainbow in someone’s cloud 🙂
- If you have excellent service at a restaurant, leave them a short ‘thank you’ note along with a good tip. Or take it step further and call the manager to your table to let them know that your server did a great job.
- Compliment the barista who made your delicious coffee.
- Let your close friend how much you appreciate their friendship
- Knock on your sweet neighbor’s door and share some tasty cookies you just baked
- Tell your spouse how much you appreciate everything they do for you and your family
- Smile at the people in your office, gym, classroom, or other regular haunt
- Send a ‘thank you’ note to your pastor, your child’s teacher, or maybe the professor that has taken the time to thoroughly explain the lesson to you.
It takes so little to brighten someone else’s day. The Bible tells us that, “gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.” I encourage you to be an ambassador of peace, love, and positivity to others, because people will always remember how you made them feel. You can leave them feeling loved and appreciated for a moment, an hour, a day, or a lifetime memory.
And will make you feel pretty awesome, too!
**Click HERE to download this print